8.13.2012

Form

I've been working to stay in shape, not loose weight, just really a couple goals:

healthy baby
healthy mommy
growing belly

Simple stuff.  During my 25 minute  pre natal video the other morning (I think I get triple the work out, as all three are usually crawling all over me or Ellie and James attempt their own version of squats and stretches - a belly laugh DURING a work out must seriously increase the results...) a line from the instructor resonated with me.  She said, 'when your muscles are tired, when you feel like giving up, focus on the form and pull through. Do each rep, each step as well as you can.' Take each moment and movement and make it as perfect as you can, and you'll find renewed energy and drive for everything that follows.

That can work for much more than a prenatal work out video. When life gets tough, focus on FORM.  Form may vary from person to person; mine is routine and prayer, coffee and outdoors, exercise and focusing on one project at a time, do away with multi-tasking.  One purposeful and intentional act or task or conversation or prayer at a time.  That's my form and it pulls me through the tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment